Thursday, July 9, 2009

From the Sidewalk

5:45a.m Ocean Beach California. I pulled up to the pier and looked out over the ocean. I don’t think the ocean had woken up yet. The salt water lapped at the shore like ripples in a pond. A few lone surfers sat waiting for their day to begin and I sat on the boardwalk watching the ocean slowly stretch and wake from its slumber….. Living on the west coast I forget sometimes how beautiful the ocean can be early in the morning and I end up only photographing it at sunset. So last night when I saw a nearly full moon I thought about the possibility of an A.M pier and moon image. I was up early like a good photographer and on my way. However Mother Nature had a different image in mind and covered the setting moon in clouds. I didn’t mind much I was still enjoying the serenity of the ocean and had forgotten about the sleeping city behind me. I sat back and relaxed for a bit before I finally broke out the camera and fired off a few frames. This image is one of the first for a new series entitled ‘From the Sidewalk.’

No comments:

Post a Comment