Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Camping Near Zion

I travel alone quite a bit so when I have a fellow travel with me I enjoy the company. On this trip Juliet Hawk (my girl friend) came along and brought her wonderful voice and guitar. The night was perfect with a campfire blazing, good food, not a soul for miles and the little flies even disappeared with the sunset. After dinner I lit the campfire and stared up at the battle between the stars and the moon. As they competed to outshine each other Juliet sat down with her guitar and the night sky had another opponent. The night sky quickly faded to an afterthought and victory was claimed. Juliet paused for a moment grinned and shook her head as I snapped a photo to capture the moment. Company can be good but good company is great.



No comments:

Post a Comment